Expectations of a Foster Family
· Provide care, nurturing, and supervision for a child.
· Provide transportation to doctor appointments, therapy appointments, visitation with biological parents, and court hearings.
· Provide monthly documentation of the child’s progress in your home.
What Foster Parents receive:
· Knowing that you are having a positive impact on the life of a child.
· A per diem rate per day that the child is in your home with assist with the financial burden of having a child in your home.
· Reimbursement for mileage for travel to all of the child’s appointments.
What Foster Children are eligible for:
· WIC program for up to age 5 to help with the cost of formula and food.
· Headstart Ages 3-5 — Preschool Program for children.
· Day Care Subsidy through the Berks County Intermediate Unit.
· Free School Lunches