Provide coordinated and holistic services to the human service providers within the County.
Department > Services > Family Center Grant
Family Center Grant
Pennsylvania's Family Centers integrate and provide community services to help families become healthier, better educated and self-sufficient.
Family Centers help parents:
- Learn about their children's development
- Engage in parent education and child development activities
- Access health care information as well as assistance regarding health care services and insurance
- Access education, training and employment information
- Receive information and assistance on other community resources, such as well-baby care, immunizatins and early intervention services
Family Centers take a unique approach to meeting their community's needs. Some of the services may include:
- Parent Support Groups
- Parenting Skills Program
- Child Health and Development Screenings
- Family Activities
- Job Training and Placement
- Child Care Programs
- Language Skills
Berks County's Family Center contact is Berks Community Action Program.
Telephone (610) 376-6571