Religious Services Berks County Jail Chapel
Phone Number: 610-208-4800 x 4376
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Reading Berks Conference of Churches
- Berks County Jail System is under contract with the Reading Berks Conference of Churches for the privision of chapel staff and all religious services and programs.
- RBCC represents approximately 400 Christian Churches in Berks County and works cooperatively with all religious groups to address the needs of the community.
Through this network of churches and religious institutions, RBCC provides a myriad of services to the community, including services to prisoners and follow-up services for inmates when they are released back into the community.
- All BCJS religious programs serve these two purposes: (1) opportunities for the inmates to freely exercise their religion; (2) opportunities to be connected with the greater community for their rehabilitation.
- There are approximately 32 different programs or services offered each week to the inmate population and aftercare ministries on the "outside."
- The BCJS chapel staff and religious programs are directed by a senior chaplain. Five staff chaplains, an office manager, and approximately 200 volunteers help to administrate the religious programs.
- For information, or to volunteer, you may call Chaplain Eileen McKeown at 610-208-4800 x 4375.