ELIGIBLE BORROWERS: Eligible borrowers include judges, court personnel, county employees and attorneys either living or working in Berks County.
CIRCULATING MATERIALS: Not all materials in the collection circulate. Non-circulating materials include:
- reference materials
- loose leaf publications
- advance sheets
- older treatises located on the third floor of the library
- side reports
- unbound journals
- rare books
Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI) yellow books - 14 days
All other circulating materials - 7 days
FINES: All items borrowed from the Law Library are considered the responsibility of the borrower. The borrower is responsible for returning or renewing item(s) on or before their due date. The Library is not responsible for notifying the borrower that items are coming due or are overdue, but does e-mail reminder and overdue notices as a courtesy. Failure to receive a reminder or overdue notice does not relieve the borrower of the responsibility for paying any fines. Overdue fines are charged at the rate of $1.00 per day, per item.
LOST OR DAMAGED ITEMS: An item is considered lost when it is not returned or renewed with 15 days of the due date. The borrower will be charged the current replacement cost of the book, a $25.00 processing fee, and any overdue fines.
PBI books may be renewed two times for a total circulation period of 42 days.
Non-PBI items may be renewed three times for a total of 21 days.
RENEWALS MAY BE MADE:
To renew materials online:
- log into "My Account"
- you will see a list of items you currently have checked out
- select the boxes next to the materials you would like to renew
- click the renew button (or renew all)
- a new due date will appear in the status column
- review this column to make sure your renewal was successful
Materials which cannot be renewed online include:
- materials that are billed for replacement
- materials past their due dates which are accruing fines
- materials that are not within 3 days prior to their due date