The Law Library staff is trained in legal research and can direct patrons to books or databases that may contain the information they are seeking.
The staff can show patrons how to use those books and databases. They can interpret legal citations and locate references. They can also refer patrons to other libraries or agencies that may be helpful to their needs.
By law the staff cannot offer legal advice. Therefore, they cannot:
· Interpret the meaning of laws or court decisions
· Give an opinion on a legal issue
· Tell you which form to use, how to word it, or how to complete it
· Explain how to proceed with legal actions
· Do legal research
· Recommend specific attorneys or law firms