Dewayne Quinones, age 24
On June 29, 2018, Berks County Sheriff's Department apprehended Dewayne Quinones on the charges of:
- Conspiracy to Commit Murder of the First Degree
- Attempt to Commit Murder of the First Degree
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Persons Not to Possess, Use, Manufacture, Control, Sell or Transfer Firearms
- Delivery of a Controlled Substance (1 count - heroin)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (2 counts - heroin)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (2 counts - heroin)
- Criminal Use of a Communication Facility
- Corrupt Organizations
- Dealing in Proceeds of Unlawful Activity
He has been a fugitive since March 21, 2018. Quinones was one of twenty (20) suspects charged in connection to Operation Shattered. The suspects who were part of this organization utilized extreme violence including assaults, shootings and witness intimidation as a method to maintain and gain status within the drug culture and eliminate potential threats. This investigation centered around Jesus Feliciano-Trinidad.
On February 27, 2018, Feliciano-Trinidad planned to murder the brother of a rival drug dealer at a location in the area of Elm and Moss Streets, Reading. This plan was stopped when uniformed Reading Police officers established a presence at that location. Subsequently, Feliciano-Trinidad along with four (4) others were stopped operating a vehicle in the 100 block of South 3rd Street, Reading. Detectives seized the vehicle after finding a gun under the front passenger seat. Later, detectives obtained a search warrant for the vehicle and seized three (3) fully loaded handguns and suspected heroin inside a hidden trap. After further investigation, detectives determined that Feliciano-Trinidad along with two of the passengers, Richie Rivera and Dewayne Quinones, conspired together to commit the act of violence against the brother of the rival gang member.
The defendant was transported to the Berks County Sheriff's Department Central Processing Unit, where he was arraigned. Bail was set at $3,000,000. He is currently in Berks County Jail awaiting further court proceedings.