DRUG INVESTIGATION - MARIJUANA TRAFFICKING
Emery Phillips (20 years of age) Susan McMillan (56 years of age)
1157 Fox Run 1157 Fox Run
Exeter Township, PA 19606 Exeter Township, PA 19606
CHARGES for Emery Phillips:
- Possession With Intent to Deliver - Marijuana
- Possession - Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Criminal Conspiracy to all
DETAILS OF INCIDENT:
In February 2019, the Berks County Drug Task Force Detectives initiated a drug investigation involving United States Postal Office packages being shipped from Los Angeles, California to 1157 Fox Run, Exeter Township, PA. The investigation was based on the Reading Police Department Vice Unit receiving information from the United States Postal Inspector. The U.S. Postal Inspector’s investigation learned that over the past year approximately seventy (70) parcels of bulk amounts of suspected marijuana products were delivered to 1157 Fox Run, Exeter Township, PA 19606. The investigation revealed that Marijuana was being distributed from 1157 Fox Run.
During the investigation, the United States Postal Inspectors intercepted several parcels bound to and addressed to 1157 Fox Run. These parcels contained large quantities of high grade marijuana and vape canisters containing THC oil.
Subsequently, detectives obtained a search warrant for the residence of 1157 Fox Run, Exeter Township, PA. On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at approximately 1710 hours, the Berks County Drug Taskforce Detectives served the search warrant. Found inside of the residence were Emery Phillips and Susan McMillan.
As a result of the search warrant, the following items were seized:
- Approx. 570 grams of suspected marijuana
- Approx. 1.6 pounds of suspected marijuana wax
- Approx. 387 vape THC oil canisters
- Approx. 80 ready to smoke suspected marijuana blunts
- Approx. 36 suspected marijuana brownies
- Two gallon bags of suspected marijuana cookies
- Approx. 17 containers of suspected marijuana concentrate
- 22. caliber rifle
- Previously parcels
- Packaging material
- Working cellular telephones & computers
- Approx. $4,000.00 in U.S. Currency believe to be proceeds from sales
The total street value of the controlled substances is estimated to be over $100,000.00.
The defendant, Emery Phillips was charged as listed above; the investigation is continuing and charges on defendant, Susan McMillan are pending as a result of this investigation. Subsequently, Phillips was transported to the Berks County Sheriff’s Department Central Processing Center for processing and arraignment by the on-duty District Judge. Emery Phillips bail was set at $100,000; he remains in Berks County Jail awaiting further court proceedings.