Luis Miguel Velazquez, age 31
In September of 2017, the Berks County Drug Task Force Detectives initiated a drug investigation involving Luis Miguel Velazquez. During the investigation, detectives learned that Velazquez was distributing heroin within the City of Reading along with unnamed others.
Between September and October 2017, detectives made several undercover purchases of suspected heroin from Luis Velazquez.
On Tuesday, October 31, 2017, Velazquez was placed under arrest shortly after exiting 1164 Perkiomen Avenue, Reading. Subsequent to the arrest, detectives obtained a search warrant from Magisterial District Judge Alvin B. Robinson for Velazquez's third floor apartment. Detectives served the search warrant and the following items were seized:
- 71 packets of suspected heroin (street value $710.00)
- 90 packets of suspected crack cocaine (street value $900.00)
- 21 packets of suspected powder cocaine (street value $440.00)
- 5 packets of Crystal Methamphetamine (street value $250.00)
- 2 sandwich bags of suspected high-grade marijuana (street value $600.00)
- 8 packets of suspected marijuana (street value $80.00)
- 24 packets of Synthetic Cannabinoids (street value $480.00)
- processing equipment for crack cocaine & heroin
- numerous packaging materials for above listed drugs
- digital gram scale
- SCCY CPX-2 - 9mm handgun & ammunition
Luis Velazquez was transported to the Berks County Sheriff's Department Central Processing Center for processing and video arraignment by the on-duty Magisterial District Judge. Bail was set at $100,000.00. He was committed to Berks County Jail in lieu of bail.