- Roddy Sanchez-Martinez, age 24
- 100 North 4th Street, Apt. 3
- Reading, PA 19601
- Delivery of a Controlled Substance (Fentanyl)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Fentanyl, Heroin, Cocaine)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Fentanyl, Heroin, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Synthetic Cannabinoid)
- Receiving Stolen Property
In December 2017, the Berks County District Attorney's Drug Task Force Detectives initiated a drug investigation based on information that Sanchez-Martinez was distributing heroin throughout Berks County.
During the investigation, undercover purchases of suspected heroin and fentanyl were made from Sanchez-Martinez in the area of Washington & Rose Streets, Reading, PA.
On Friday, March 23, 2018, a search warrant was issued by Magisterial District Judge Tonya S. Butler for the defendant's residence, 100 North 4th Street, Apt. 3, Reading. Later that day, detectives served the search warrant and the following items were seized:
- 414 packets of suspected heroin
- 11 packets of suspected cocaine
- 1 packet of suspected methamphetamine
- 1 packet of suspected synthetic cannabinoid
- 1 packet of suspected bulk heroin
- 2 packets of suspected fentanyl
- 1 Smith & Wesson 9 mm handgun with 2 loaded magazines (reported stolen)
- 1 Glock 9mm Model 19 handgun with 3 loaded magazines (reported stolen)
- $65,599.00 US Currency, believed to be proceeds from drug sales
- miscellaneous drug paraphernalia and packaging material related to the distribution of fentanyl, heroin & cocaine
- 4 cellular telephones
The total street value of the drugs was $60,000.00
The defendant was charged with the aforementioned charges of the PA Controlled Substance Act. He was transported to the Berks County Sheriff's Central Processing Center for processing and arraignment by the on-duty District Judge. Bail was set at $250,000.00. He was committed to Berks County Jail in lieu of bail.