On December 4, 2014, detectives from the Berks County District Attorney's Drug Task Force, Reading Police Vice Section and the Berks County Sheriff's Department arrested eighteen mid to low-level drug dealers for numerous violations of the PA Drug Device and Cosmetic Act (Possession, Possession With the Intent to Deliver, and Delivery of Heroin, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and Marijuana).
This joint intestigation was the result of numerous complaints from concerned citizens and information obtained from confidential sources. Today's operation was the culmination of a year-long investigation where undercover detectives purchased small amounts of Heroin, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and Marijuana from drug dealers in Berks County, PA.
Undercover purchases ranged from $50.00 to $2870.00 worth of Heroin, Cocaine, Methamphetamine and Marijuana.
The following eighteen individuals were arrested:
1. Angel Gabriel Rosa-Rivera (43 years of age); no known address
2. Luis E. Negron-Cartagena (32 years of age); 232 Maple Street, Reading
3. Myra Haddock-Gonzalez (34 years of age); 750 North 10th Street, 2nd floor, Reading
4. Luis Alberto Matias (33 years of age); 243 Clymer Street, Reading
5. Henry Troche (29 years of age); 219 Mulberry Street, Reading
6. Richard Alvarado-Pabon (35 years of age); 405 Schuylkill Avenue, Reading
7. Carlos Cortes (56 years of age); 913 Meade Street, Reading
8. Kadir Mehadi (26 years of age); no known address
9. Luis Rivera, Jr. (23 years of age); 331 Chestnut Street, Reading
10. Luis Ruiz (42 years of age); no known address
11. Guillimo DeJesus (22 years of age); 400 South 11th Street, Reading
12. Laime Johns (37 years of age); no known address
13. Darnell Coad (38 years of age); 222 North 11th Street, Reading
14. Damon McFarlen (24 years of age); 1012 Muhlenberg Street, Reading
15. Pablo Santiago (54 years of age); no known address
16. Jose Antonio Perez-Guevarez (32 years of age); no known address
17. Alonzo Edward Cooper (48 years of age); 457 Tulpehocken Street, Reading
18. Destine Soto (23 years of age); 1515 Hill Road, Reading
* Note - Detectives have warrants for eight additional dealers who could not be located during the round-up.