Castro Luis Matos, age 37
In January of 2017, the Berks County Drug Task Force Detectives initiated a drug investigation involving the defendant, Castro Luis Matos, age 37, of 227 North 4th Street, Reading. The investigation was based on confidential information and citizen complaints. During the investigation, detectives learned that the defendant, Castro Luis Matos, was dealing in Heroin and Methamphetamine from his residence located at 227 North 4th Street, Reading.
On Wednesday, February 15, 2017, based on information received and investigation conducted, the Berks County Drug Task Force Detectives obtained a search warrant from Magisterial District Judge Alvin B. Robinson for Castro Luis Matos' residence at 227 North 4th Street, Reading.
On Thursday, February 16, 2017, at 6:30 a.m., the Berks County Drug Task Force Detectives served the search warrant. The defendant was present at the time of the search warrant and he was taken into custody at the scene.
As a result of the search warrant, detectives found and seized the following items:
- one clear plastic bag containing suspected Heroin/Fentanyl (street value of $300,000)
- one clear plastic bag containing suspected Methamphetamine (street value of $700)
- one loaded Taurus PT111 G2 9 mm semi-auto pistol
- one box containing 40 rounds 9 mm ammo rounds
- three digital scales
- numerous drug packaging material pertaining to Heroin and Methamphetamine
- three cellular telephones
- $980 in U.S. Currency believed to be proceeds from sales of Heroin & Methamphetamine
- miscellaneous documents pertaining to Matos
The defendant, Castro Luis Matos, was charged with:
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver Heroin
- Possession of Heroin
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine
- Possession of Methamphetamine
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Persons Not to Possess Firearms
Castro Luis Matos was transported to the Berks County Sheriff's Department Central Processing Center for processing and video arraignment. Bail was set at $250,000 monetary. He remains in Berks County Jail awaiting further court action.