Johnny Lugo, Jr. age 28
Charges: Possession With the Intent to Deliver Synthetic Cannabinoids; Possession of Synthetic Cannabinoids; Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
The Berks County District Attorney’s Narcotics Detectives initiated an investigation after receiving complaints regarding illegal drugs sales from 220 Mulberry Street, Reading.
On January 25, 2019, at approximately 6:30 am, Berks County Detectives along detectives from the Pennsylvania State Police and Reading Police Department served a search warrant at the aforementioned address. On January 25, 2019, at approximately 6:30 am, Berks County Detectives along with detectives from the Pennsylvania State Police and Reading Police Department served a search warrant at the aforementioned address. The search warrant was issued by Magisterial District Judge Stuart Kennedy.
During execution of the search warrant, Officers observed cameras on the front of 220 Mulberry acting as counter surveillance. The cameras were pointed north bound and south bound in the block and directly at the front door of 220 Mulberry Street.
Inside the residence, Officers encountered Johnny Lugo Jr. and he was secured.
A search of the residence revealed the following:
- One (1) Rossi .38 caliber revolver handgun (fully loaded)
- Four hundred eight (408) packages of various sizes, each containing synthetic cannabinoids with a total potential street value of approximately $2100
- Drug-related paraphernalia related to the distribution of controlled substances, including packaging materials and a scale
- Cameras and monitors (counter surveillance equipment)
- $590.00 in cash, believed to be the proceeds of illegal drug activity
The defendant, Johnny Lugo was transported to the Berks County Sheriff’s Central Processing Unit. Bail was set at $150,000 and he remains in Berks County Jail awaiting further court hearings.