Lawrence Williams Tajah Nelson
- Lawrence Williams, age 29, 1513 Fairview Street, Reading
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver Marijuana; Possession of Marijuana; Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Tajah Nelson, age 23, 1513 Fairview Street, Reading
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver Cocaine; Possession of Cocaine; Possession of Marijuana; Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
In early February of 2017, the Berks County District Attorney's Drug Task Force Detectives initiated a drug investigation after receiving information of possible drug activity occurring at the residence of 1513 Fairview Street, Reading.
During the investigation, detectives determined that Cocaine and Marijuana were being sold from 1513 Fairview Street, Reading.
On Wednesday, March 1, 2017, detectives obtained a search warrant from Magisterial District Judge Phyllis Kowalski for the residence at 1513 Fairview Street, Reading.
On Thursday, March 2, 2017, at 6:42 a.m., the Berks County Drug Task Force Detectives and the Reading Police Vice Unit executed the search warrant at 1513 Fairview Street. The defendants, Lawrence Williams & Tajah Nelson were present at the time of the search warrant and they were taken into custody.
A search was conducted and the detectives found and seized the following items:
- six (6) plastic packets containing suspected marijuana (street value $120)
- two (2) Ziploc containers each containing a bulk quantity of suspected high grade marijuana (street value $500)
- eighty six (86) plastic packets containing suspected crack cocaine (street value $860)
- $490.00 in U.S. Currency believed to be proceeds from previous drug sales
- six (6) operable cellular telephones
- packaging material for cocaine & marijuana
Subsequently, the defendants were transported to the Berks County Sheriff's Central Processing Center for processing and video arraignment. Williams' bail was set at $10,000 and Nelson's bail was set at $40,000. Both remain free on bail awaiting further court action.