PERSON (S) INVOLVED:
Matthew McClain (24 years of age)
2416 Woodvale Avenue
Mount Penn, PA
- Possession With Intent to Deliver of Methamphetamine
- Possession of Methamphetamine
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Person not to Possess Firearms
- Possession of Firearm with Altered Manufacturer’s Number
DETAILS OF INCIDENT:
In late January into early March of 2022, the Reading Police Vice Unit and the Berks County Detectives initiated a drug investigation involving the defendant, Matthew McClain. Detectives received information that Matthew McClain was dealing methamphetamine from his residence in Mount Penn, PA.
On Wednesday, March 9, 2022, investigators obtained a search warrant for 2416 Woodvale Avenue, Reading/Mount Penn, PA. The search warrant was issued by Magisterial District Judge Sandra L. Fegely.
On Friday, March 11, 2022, at approximately 6:05 AM, the Berks County Emergency Respond Team (BCERT) served the search warrant at 2416 Woodvale Avenue, Mount Penn, PA. Matthew McClain was apprehended inside the residence without incident.
As a result of the search warrant, detectives found and seized the following items:
1. Approximately one hundred seventy grams of suspected methamphetamine
2. One loaded Taurus G2C 9mm handgun, the serial number was obliterated
3. One loaded Taurus 709, 9mm handgun, the serial number was obliterated
4. One loaded Charter Arms .22 caliber revolver, the serial number was partially obliterated
5. $12,786 in United States currency believed to be proceeds from sales of methamphetamine
6. Digital scales, packaging material and drug paraphernalia related to processing methamphetamine for street sales
7. A stock of ammunition
8. Approximately 2lbs. of marijuana
The defendant, Matthew McClain was charged as listed above. McClain was transported to the Berks County Sheriff’s Department Central Processing Center where he was arraigned and bail was set at $150,000. The defendant remains free on bail until further court action.
As in every criminal case, the fact that an arrest occurred or a complaint has been filed is merely an accusation, and the defendant Matthew McClain, is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.