Person Involved: Ronald Nunez, age 34
- Delivery of Heroin
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver Heroin
- Possession of Heroin
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
The Berks County Drug Task Force Detectives initiated a drug investigation involving the defendant, identified as Ronald Nunez. During the investigation, detectives learned that Nunez was dealing heroin from two residences, located at 605 North 5th Street and 924 North 8th Street, Reading.
During the month of February 2017, undercover detectives made several purchases of suspected heroin from Nunez in the area of 605 North 5th Street and 924 North 8th Street, Reading. Each heroin purchase was over $1,000.00.
On Thursday, March 16, 2017, the Berks County Drug Task Force Detectives obtained two sealed search warrants issued by a Berks County Court of Common Pleas Judge for Nunez's residences of 605 North 5th Street and 924 North 8th Street, Reading.
On Friday, March 17, 2017, at approximately 6:40 a.m., the Berks County Drug Task Force Detectives served the search warrants. The defendant, Ronald Nunez, was present at 924 North 8th Street, at the time of the search warrant and was taken into custody.
As a result of the search warrant at 605 North 5th Street, detectives found and seized the following items:
- $984.00 in U.S. Currency believed to be proceeds for drug sales
- 14 rounds of ammunition
- Seven (7) cellular phones
- Fictitious PA identification card
- Numerous documents related to Nunez
At 924 North 8th Street, detectives found and seized the following items:
- One Taurus 9mm semiautomatic firearm (reported stolen by Sunbury Police Dept.)
- One Colt 357 magnum revolver Lawman Mark III
- Luggage tag from JFK Airport to Ronald Nunez
- Five (5) cellular phones
- Assorted documents related to Ronald Nunez (insurance, passport, vehicle information, ID, etc.)
- Notebook with records of sales
- Drug paraphernalia associated with packaging and distribution of controlled substances
The defendant, Ronald Nunez, was out on bail from a November 2016 heroin trafficking arrest in York County, PA.
Ronald Nunez was charged with the aforementioned listed charges. He was transported to the Berks County Sheriff's Department Central Processing Center for processing and video arraignment by the on-duty Magisterial District Judge. Bail was set at $250,000.00 and he currently remains in Berks County Jail awaiting further court action.