Financial Assistance
As a victim of a crime, you are entitled to some form of compensation for your losses or damages as a direct result of a criminal act.  Listed below are ways you may be able to recover your losses: 
Once criminal charges are filed, you will be provided with a restitution form by the District Attorney's Office. At your request, a Victim/Witness Coordinator will be available to assist you in completing this form. To request assistance,  call us at 610-478-6000 or e-mail us at
Only expenses incured as a direct result of the crime are considered for restitution.
Expenses covered are:
        - Medical bills
        - Counseling fees
        - Property damage
        - Fair value of stolen items
Expenses NOT covered are:
        - Lost wages
        - Gas mileage for hearings
        - Car rentals
        - Money for "pain and suffering"
Restitution claims are processed as follows:
        - Court decides and orders the restitution at the time of sentencing
        - Enforcement of restitution payments is handled by the Adult Probation Office
        - Collection and distribution of monies is handled by the Clerk of Courts Office
        - To monitor payments, log onto public docket sheet.
Note: Indirect expenses may be pursued through civil litigation.
This program administered by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency. The VCAP covers any unreimbursed:
-        Medical expenses
-        Counseling fees
-        Loss of earnings
-        Loss of Support
-        Stolen Cash Benefit
-        Relocation Expenses
-        Funeral expenses
-        Crime Scene Clean-up
To determine whether you meet the eligibility requirements, ask one of our Victim/Witness Coordinators, call VCAP directly at 1-800-233-2339 or click here.
To open a claim:
-        File on-line
-        Call a Victim/Witness Coordinator at (610) 478-6000.