About Recorder of Deeds
Responsibilities of the Recorder of Deeds Office include:
- Official County Recorder of all County deeds, mortgages, and real estate transactions
- Records real estate related UCC liens
- Records subdivision, land development plans, and highway maps.
- Maintains records of the following documents which are no longer newly recorded: Charters of corporations, Charters of non-profit organizations and Chattel Mortgages.
- Records and maintains commissions and bonds for all County officials
- Records all Notary Public Commissions, renewals and changes and also swears in all Notary Publics
- Records and maintains military discharge (DD-214) papers
- Collects local and state Real Estate Transfer taxes, affordable housing fees, judicial fees and redeterminations