NOTICE TO POTENTIAL APPLICANTS
Effective October 7, 2008, the Board of Commissioners of Berks County implemented a Hiring Policy which governs the hiring procedures for all County departments and positions.
As a result of this policy, all vacancies are being reviewed against strict criteria. The following vacancies have satisfied the Hiring Policy criteria and are open for application:
We are not accepting applications for any other positions at this time.
To receive an update on job postings,
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
County of Berks Application
Resumes submitted without an application will be considered incomplete and will be returned for resubmission with an application.
Applications can be submitted:
- In person or by U.S. mail to:
- County of Berks Human Resources Department
633 Court Street, 8th Floor
Reading, Pa 19601
- By email to email@example.com
- By fax to 610-478-6084
Applications not selected will be kept on file for two (2) years but will only be considered “active” for one year from the date of application.
- Active applications may be reviewed and forwarded to departments for consideration for positions similar to the one(s) listed on the application. For example, if the applicant applies for an Office Support III position in Tax Claim, the application may be sent to the Clerk of Courts for consideration for an Office Support II position. The Hiring Manager must contact the Human Resources department to request copies of active applications.
- If an applicant wishes to apply for a position different from the one listed on the application, he/she must contact the Human Resources Department with the request. The Human Resources Department will then forward the application to the appropriate department for consideration.
- No “inactive” applications will be reviewed or forwarded. Applicants will be required to submit a new application after one year.
Employment Process Policy
The County of Berks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.