Berks County Community Reentry Center
Janinie L. Quigley, Acting Warden
The Berks County Community Reentry Center is dedicated to improving the quality of our community by delivering effective and innovative inmate services that instill pro-social behavior, healthy life choices, and personal accountability, thereby reducing recidivism and its financial burden on the county.
The Berks County Community Reentry Center will, without exception, deliver superior services with the highest level of integrity and professionalism thereby making a measureable difference in the lives of our clients, thereby positively affecting the well-being and safety of our community.
1. WE BELIEVE that positive change is possible and probable, given the access to appropriate resources.
2. WE BELIEVE that change begins internally.
3. WE BELIEVE that services should be delivered in an honest, direct, ethical, consistent, open-minded and supportive atmosphere.
4. WE BELIEVE that responses to behaviors must be immediate, consistent, individualized, fair, and equitable.
5. WE BELIEVE that concern for community safety and resident offender needs must be balanced.
6. WE BELIEVE that all people are equal, yet diverse, each possessing intrinsic worth.
7. WE BELIEVE that individuals deserve personal attention, support, empowerment, and recognition.
8. WE BELIEVE personal growth, exploration, and strength must be fostered in a challenging environment.
9. WE BELIEVE that we must be proactive participants in our community.