Leesport Lock House

 

Leesport Lock House

The Leesport Lock House, built in 1834 by the Schuylkill Navigation Company, was an integral part of canal development and community and rural life from 1820 to the early 1900's. Through local research and an archaeological study, the stone house has been restored to its condition in the 1880-1910 period when the canal still functioned and horse and wagon served as the major form of transportation.

The Lock House and grounds are maintained by the Leesport Lock House Foundation in cooperation with the Berks County Parks & Recreation Department. The facility is available for rent for small group meetings by calling (610) 926-5665.

In June, come out and enjoy our "Old Fashioned Days" with a strawberry festival and antique display and sale on Saturday, June 4, 12:00 to 5:00 p.m.

In November, come out for our "Holiday Open House & Craft Show" on Saturday, November 21, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday, November 22, 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.

Street Address: 27 E. Wall St., Leesport PA 19533

Directions In Leesport, turn at the Rte. 61 traffic light at the Turkey Hill Market onto Wall Street. Continue two blocks, and the Lock House will be on your right.

BERKS COUNTY PARK FACILITIES

Leesport Lock House

Acres

1

Adaptive Nature Trail

Amphitheatre

Badminton

Baseball Softball Fields

Basketball

Cabins

Electricity

Exercise Cluster

Fishing Dock

Fitness Course

Gazebos

Grills

Horseshoes

Lodge/Barn

Meeting Area

X

Parking Area

X

Pavilions

Play Equipment

Picnic Tables

Pool

Quoits

Restrooms

X

Sand Volleyball

Shuffleboard

Soccer Fields

Tennis

Volleyball

Walking Trail



Return to Berks County Parks Main Page