Environmental Education Programs and Activities
The Berks County Parks and Recreation Department Environmental Education programs educate individuals of all ages through meaningful experiences. Placing an emphasis on hands-on activities, we focus on creating awareness about the natural world and how all living organisms are interconnected. Whether it's getting wet viewing aquatic life on our streams and ponds, or observing owls call to one another on a cold winter's eve, participants become fully immersed in our engaging and interactive programs.
Contact Jennifer Brooks at 484-509-2667, ext. 3 for more information on any of these programs.
* Roots To Wings Preschool Programs:
Roots to Wings Flyer 2016-17.pdf
* NEW! Homeschool Programs:
2016 Registration Form.doc
* Girl Scout Program Offerings Available
(Programs complete badge requirements.)
* NEW! Owl Prowl Hike & Discovery Program: February 20, 6:30pm
* Amphibian Migration Adventures: April 23rd, 6:30pm.
* Eco Egg Hunt: March 26th, 11am.
* Appalachian Bat Count: July 16, 7:30pm.
* Pumpkin & Pizza Party: October 19th, 4:30-6pm.
Pumpkin and Pizza 2016.pdf
* Halloween Night Hike: October 22nd, 6:15-9pm.
Halloween Night Hike 2016.pdf
* Winter Solstice Celebration with King Winter: December 17th, 5:30-7:30pm.
Soltice Flyer 2016.pdf
* 2016 Nature Camps:2016-Nature-Camps.jpg
* Camp Info: 2016-Nature-camp-info.jpg
* Registration form: 2016 Nature Discovery Camp Registration Form.doc
* 2016 Seeds to Sprouts Garden Program: 2016 Seeds To Sprouts.jpg
Our 2015 "Seeds to Sprouts" Garden Tenders!
We had so much fun during the 2015 Summer Camp programs! Check out what we were up to:
Thank you to the Tulpehocken Chapter, Trout Unlimited, Inc. and Cabela’s for their generous donation of children’s rain boots that will be used while conducting stream and pond studies within the Berks County Parks System. Due to their wonderful donation all children can now enjoy the amazing aquatic world located in their own backyards! We are overjoyed to have the opportunity to provide boots for them to aid in their explorations and hands-on discoveries while participating in our wonderful Environmental Education programs!
Contact Jennifer A. Brooks, Environmental Educator for more information about these exciting programs.
484.509.2667 ext. 3