Wednesday, October 24, 2018: MP3 COG Executive Meeting Minutes (not approved)
Wednesday, July 25, 2018: MP3 COG Executive Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, May 31, 2018 Two Year Anniversary Celebration
YouTube: BCTV County Connection- Mount Penn Preserve Partnership Presentations
- The Mount Penn Preserve Partnership informed attendees of their accomplishments the last two years and future goals for the Mount Penn Preserve
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 Executive and Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
- Amendments to the COG agreement, mission statement approved, live feed security cameras installed, Volunteer Cleanup Date set
Thursday, February 8, 2018 Executive and Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
- Trails, Clean-up, Safety, new events for 2018, creation of Facebook Page, signing of COG agreement
Thursday, January 11, 2018 Executive and Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
- Committee reports and discussion on the finalization of the COG
Thursday, December 14, 2017 Executive and Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
- Reports from Governance, Finance, Public Safety, Marketing and Environmental Committees, as well as Public Comment from the Reading Gravity Racing League
Thursday, November 9, 2017 Executive and Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
Thursday, October 12, 2017 Executive and Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
Thursday, September 21, 2017 Executive and Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
Thursday, August 10, 2017 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, January 17, 2017 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Monday, December 5, 2016 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 3, 2016- First Meeting
The Pagoda Foundation, in collaboration with the City of Reading and the County of Berks held an Open House and Forum at the Stokesay Castle Ballroom to seek community input, engagement and support to discuss the future of the Pagoda as well as other features on the mountain. This is affectionately being called, "Mount Penn Preserve". This is not a new idea as a study was done in the 1960's to explore a similar concept.
The forum, hosted by Pagoda Foundation President Lee Olsen, AIA and Berks County Commissioner Kevin Barnhardt, discussed the potential of Mount Penn becoming a destination with its restaurants, trail, vistas, outdoor activities and events with the possibility of additional recreation venues. Discussions also included ways to raise funds for matching grants that may be available for the Mount Penn Preserve. Attendees also had the opportunity to share their support with the forum and discussed future community meetings to be held in support of the Mount Penn Preserve.
Below are the ownership and trail maps as well as a photo slide show that was presented at the forum and lead to many discussions about the uses in the Mount Penn Preserve.