APPLICATIONS FOR NEW PASSPORTS WILL BE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
CALL 610-478-6970 AND LISTEN FOR THE PASSPORT OPTION (#2) TO BE CONNECTED WITH THE PASSPORT APPOINTMENT CLERK.
PLEASE CALL ASAP IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT.
IF YOU ARE MORE THAN 5 MINUTES LATE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT WE WILL BE HAPPY TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. MAKE SURE ALL APPLICATIONS ARE FILLED OUT AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION COMPLETE BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT, OTHERWISE YOU WILL NEED TO RESCHEDULE.
Requires both Parents' Consent
As provided by Code of Federal Regulations Title 22, Section 51.28
Effective March 23, 2011
Important: All minors must appear in person when applying for a passport
Both parents or child's legal guardian, must:
- Submit evidence of child's U.S. citizenship and
- Submit evidence that they are the parents or guardian and
- Present valid personal identification and
- Submit a photocopy of the front and back of the identification shown and
- Sign and take oath before an authorized passport acceptance agent
If the second parent is not available to sign, the appearing parent must:
- Complete the above and
- Present evidence of
- Sole legal custody of the child or
- Notarized written consent of the other parent for the issuance of the passport along with a photocopy of the non-appearing parent's identification or
- Written statement explaining why non-applying parent's consent cannot be obtained.
If no parent is available to sign, the third-party in loco parentis must:
- Appear with a notarized written statement or affidavit from both parents or custodial parent(s) authorizing the third-party to apply for passport. When the statement or affidavit is from only one parent, the third party must present evidence of sole custody of the authorizing parent.
The law requires that all applications be signed under oath under penalty of perjury.
The most efficient way to apply for a child under age 16 is to present the required documentation and
- For both parents to appear at the time of application, or
- If only one parent can apply, for the applying parent/guardian to present the additional documentation required at the time of application.
Incomplete submissions will delay passport issuance
FOR EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTABLE EVIDENCE, PLEASE SEE "U.S. PASSPORT (PROOF) CHILDREN UNDER AGE 16"
Passport fees paid at the time of application are non-refundable processing fees.
Call the National Passport Information Center toll-free at: 1-877-487-2778 (TDD/TTY:1-888-874-7793)