Employment Requirements as of February 1, 2010
Physical Agility Test: Pass/Fail
Municipal Police Officers' Education and Training Commission (MPOETC)
Curent physical fitness test battery standards.
30th Percentile Age & Gender Adjusted Rankings
- 300 Meter Run - Time measured in seconds.
- Bench Press - Six attempts to complete one repetition=Body Weight X Ratio.
- Sit-ups - Total number of repetitions performed in one minute.
- 1.5 Mile Run - Time measured in minutes and seconds.
MPOETC Fitness Test Protocols
Written Tests: Pass/Fail
Situation Test, Reading Test and Incident Report Writing Test
Background Investigation: Pass/Fail
Oral Interview: Recommended/Not recommended
Oral Interview Board:
Chief Deputy Sheriff
2 Division Captains
Conditional Offer of Employment
Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA): Pass/Fail
Physiological Test MMPI: Pass/Fail
Certification of Licensing to Carry Firearms: Pass/Fail
County Physical: Pass/Fail
County Drug Screening: Pass/Fail
- Graduation from the Pennsylvania Deputy Sheriffs’ Academy
- Successful qualification in firearms, expandable baton, and chemical aerosol devices in-service programs
- Obtain a Pennsylvania Commercial Driver's License, Class "C" with a "P" (Passenger Vehicle Carrying Passengers) Endorsement
- Receives evaluation ratings of "Meets Expectations" during the first 6 month probationary period