PENNSYLVANIA CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
(1) Is my Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms valid in Philadelphia?
Yes, your license is valid for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania including Philadelphia.
(2) How long is the license valid?
Your license to carry firearms is valid for 5 years.
(3) How do I renew my license to carry firearms?
Within 30-60 days of the expiration of your license to carry firearms, a Renewal Reminder will be mailed to your home address. It is imperative that you keep your address current so that you may receive the reminder.
(4) How do I change my address on my license to carry firearms?
You must come to the Berks County Sheriff's Department with a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Identification Card with your correct address. We will then change the address on your license to carry firearms and will report said change to the Pennsylvania State Police.
(5) Is there fee for changing my address on my license to carry firearms?
There is no fee to change your address on your license to carry firearms.
(6) Are there other locations besides than the courthouse that I can obtain my license to carry firearms?
Yes. Click here for more information.
(7) Are there any other states that will honor the Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms?
Currently the states of ALASKA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, MICHIGAN, MISSOURI, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NORTH CAROLINA, OKLAHOMA, SOUTH DAKOTA , TENNESSEE, TEXAS, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA & WYOMING have reciprocity (will honor) the Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms.
Check the PA Attorney General Web Site for updates and to read the reciprocity agreements.
Map of Reciprocity States
(8) What should I do if I am stopped by a law enforcement officer while carrying a weapon with my Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms?
Immediately tell the officer that you are carrying a weapon and that you are licensed to do so while your hands are visible to the officer. Follow the officer's instructions completely. For safety reasons, the officer may secure your weapon while they verify your license to carry firearms.