- Nominees/Inductees must meet below listed requirements:
- The nominee/inductee must have either been born in Berks County, PA or conscripted into the service from Berks County, PA or had been officially listed with the military as having a Berks County, PA Home of Record at time of award for military valor.
- The nominee/inductee must have been awarded a U.S. military medal for valor. These medals include:
- Medal of Honor
- Distinguished Service Cross
- Navy Cross o Air Force Cross
- Silver Star o Distinguished Flying Cross for Heroism *
- Bronze Star with “V” Device *
- Air Medal with “V” Device *
- Commendation Medal with “V” Device *
(* Does not qualify when awarded for Meritorious Achievement)
Applicants are processed on a first come first served basis using the date we receive ALL relevant documentation.
If you or someone you know meets these criteria, please nominate them for induction by submitting an BCMHOF application.
Acceptance of inductee subject to background check to verify qualification and to identify individuals with felony convictions (which would disqualify admittance into the BCMHOF).
Download the Nomination Form Here
**NOTE: Please forward completed forms to **
Berks County Department of Veterans Affairs
726 Cherry Street
Reading, PA 19602