NEW BALLY POOL PHONE NUMBER
The Bally Community Pool is hiring certified lifeguards for the summer season. Please submit the above employment application to the Borough Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or USPS to PO Box 217, Bally, PA, 19503.
THE NEXT BEST THING TO OWNING A POOL, IS A MEMBERSHIP AT THE BALLY COMMUNITY POOL
The Bally Community Pool is open to everyone, no matter where you live! The Bally Pool has a charming family atmosphere for all to enjoy.
Summer memberships are available, providing access to the pool any time during operating hours.
The BALLY COMMUNITY SWIMMING POOL was constructed in the late Sixties as a private swimming club. The late Leonard Melcher, founder of the Bally Case & Cooler Company, donated Land for the Pool. After several years of operation, the Pool was donated to the Borough by its shareholders in 1972. The Borough has operated the Pool since then as a recreational facility for residents of the Borough and the surrounding area. The Pool and filtration system have undergone extensive refurbishing over the past four years.
It is the intent of Borough Council of the Borough of Bally to operate the Bally Community Swimming Pool for the enjoyment and safety of its' members and guests. The Pool operates under the guidelines established by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Resources. The Bally Community Pool is a family oriented pool that offers enjoyment for your family from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Season Memberships or daily rates are available for families or individuals. You do not have to be a resident of Bally to enjoy the Community Pool. Membership forms are available at the Pool and at Borough Hall.
The Bally Pool is surrounded by the Community Park, which has a playground, volleyball courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, picnic pavilions, and plenty of open space.
The Pool is open between Memorial Day and Labor Day. The Pool operates seven days a week from the last day of school. Pool hours are 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM. While school is in session during the spring, the Pool is open on weekends only. Our Pool is geared to family membership, with emphasis on safety. We do not have any competitive swim teams; so all the Pool time is available to our users.
Opening Day is Memorial Day weekend
Saturday, Sunday & Monday 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Open weekends only until school is finished for the year.
Full time hours begin June 11th (or the last day of school) through Labor Day
12:00 PM – 7:00 PM, seven days a week
POOL CLOSING REGULATIONS
The pool will be closed for the following reasons:
· Temperature below 70 degrees
The pool will open at 2:00 PM if:
The temperature goes above 70 degrees
The rain and/or storm stops
The pool will close early if:
It storms for over one hour with no sign of stopping
The integrity of the pool water is compromised
After 5:00 pm, no patrons occupy the pool area for one hour
At the discretion of the pool manager due to weather, attendance or water conditions
Please call 610-845-2351 or 610-845-1480 for closing information.
The pool offers season tickets to both Borough residents and non-residents. Season tickets may be purchased at a family, single or senior rate. Purchaser's of family season tickets also have the option to purchase up to two (2) guest passes. Guest passes are designed to be used by babysitters or out of town guests visiting your home. The bearer of a guest pass must be accompanied by a family member for pool access.
Please returned completed membership form with payment to either the Borough office or the pool office (during the pool season). You will be able to pick up your season ticket during your first visit to the pool or at the Borough office during normal business hours.
Membership Form 2015.pdf
The Bally pool will be offering swim lessons once again this year. Please use the following registration and questionairre forms to register your child. Also note, space is extremely limited this year. Children will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
Sessions will be held weather permitting. Only when a lesson is cancelled due to weather conditions, will a make up class will be scheduled. Cost per session is $55.00 per child and consist of five (5) forty-five minute lessons. Swimming Lesson Registration Forms are available at the Borough Hall and the Bally Pool or you may print out the registration form below and mail it in or drop it off at Borough Hall or the Bally Pool.
Swim Lessons Information.pdf
Swim Lesson Registration.pdf
The pool is available for rental before opening hours or after closing hours to chartered organizations, or for individual private parties.
After Hours Use.pdf
Discounts are offered on the daily rates for groups of 10 or more to business groups or chartered organizations.
POOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. No obscene or improper actions or behavior will be tolerated.
2. No running or dangerous behavior.
3. No glass or hazardous material in pool.
4. No food in the pool.
5. No littering allowed.
6. Stay off the dividing ropes.
7. Only 1 person on the diving board at a time.
8. Diving area is off limits to swimmers when diving board is in use.
9. No loitering around entrance, office area, snack bar or lifeguard chairs.
10. No frisbee or ball playing allowed without the permission of management.
11. No alcohol or illegal substances allowed in the pool area.
12. Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area.
13. No one other than the pool staff will be allowed in the office, locker area or the filter room.
14. No baby diapers allowed in the pool.
15. No flips off the sides of the pool.
16. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Children between the ages of 10 and 12, who do not pass a standard swim test, must be accompanied by an adult. Tests will be administered by the Pool staff.
17. The Pool staff is not responsible for children after closing, whether at the scheduled time, or due to early closing.
18. No handstands or cartwheels on diving board.
19. No diving or jumping toward wall of pool from diving board.
20. Children under 5 years old are not allowed on diving board without parental supervision.
21. If your child gets sick, it is your responsibility to clean up after them. Clean up materials will be supplied by the pool staff.
NOTE: Rules will be strictly enforced. Any infractions will result in a warning and, depending on the seriousness of the infraction a penalty up to and including suspension of membership and/or expulsion from the pool. Individuals expelled or suspended shall not receive any refund of fees paid.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Bally Community Pool is Owned and Operated by the Borough of Bally
For more information call the Borough Hall 610-845-2351