NEW BALLY POOL PHONE NUMBER
THE NEXT BEST THING TO OWNING A POOL, IS A MEMBERSHIP AT THE BALLY COMMUNITY POOL
The Bally Community Pool is open to everyone, no matter where you live! The Bally Pool has a charming family atmosphere for all to enjoy.
Summer memberships are available, providing access to the pool any time during operating hours.
The BALLY COMMUNITY SWIMMING POOL was constructed in the late Sixties as a private swimming club. The late Leonard Melcher, founder of the Bally Case & Cooler Company, donated Land for the Pool. After several years of operation, the Pool was donated to the Borough by its shareholders in 1972. The Borough has operated the Pool since then as a recreational facility for residents of the Borough and the surrounding area. The Pool and filtration system have undergone extensive refurbishing over the past four years.
It is the intent of Borough Council of the Borough of Bally to operate the Bally Community Swimming Pool for the enjoyment and safety of its' members and guests. The Pool operates under the guidelines established by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Resources. The Bally Community Pool is a family oriented pool that offers enjoyment for your family from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Season Memberships or daily rates are available for families or individuals. You do not have to be a resident of Bally to enjoy the Community Pool. Membership forms are available at the Pool and at Borough Hall.
The Bally Pool is surrounded by the Community Park, which has a playground, volleyball courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, picnic pavilions, and plenty of open space.
The Pool is open between Memorial Day and Labor Day. The Pool operates seven days a week from the last day of school. Pool hours are 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM. While school is in session during the spring, the Pool is open on weekends only. Our Pool is geared to family membership, with emphasis on safety. We do not have any competitive swim teams; so all the Pool time is available to our users.
Lifeguards: Shelly Bradley, Andrea Markofski, Courtney Moatz, Angela Paolucci, Dan Faust,
David Waight & Diana Shaw
Pool Office: Danielle Murray & Alisa Daddario
Snack Bar Manager: Bally Hotel, Ian Meinzer
Opening Day is Memorial Day weekend
Saturday, Sunday & Monday 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Open weekends only until school is finished for the year.
Full time hours begin June 7th (or the last day of school) through Labor Day
12:00 PM – 7:00 PM, seven days a week
POOL CLOSING REGULATIONS
The pool will be closed for the following reasons:
· Temperature below 70 degrees
The pool will open at 2:00 PM if:
The temperature goes above 70 degrees
The rain and/or storm stops
The pool will close early if:
It storms for over one hour with no sign of stopping
The integrity of the pool water is compromised
After 5:00 pm, no patrons occupy the pool area for one hour
Please call 610-845-2351 or 610-845-1480 for closing information.
There is snack bar available for the patrons with a large variety of items. The snack bar is leased and operated independently by the Bally Hotel, Ian Meinzer.
2013 MEMBERSHIP RATES
Senior Family $ (BOTH people over age 62 - must provide proof)
Senior Single $
***If you have more than 5 family members, there is a $10.00 charge for each additional member
Children 2 and under are free
2013 DAILY RATES
Adults $6.00 per day
Children (Ages 2-12) $5.00 per day
Seniors $1.00 per day
Children 2 and under are free
The above rates are subject to change from year to year.
2013 SWIM LESSON DATES
There are six one week sessions offered by our trained staff.
Session One: June 10-14 - COMPLETED
Session Two: July 8-12 - FULL
Session Three: August 5-9
Ages 3-6 Only!!
Session One: June 24-28 - FULL
Session Two: July 22-26
Session Three: August 19-23
Ages 7 - 12 9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
Ages 3 - 6 10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
For the 3-6 only session, you may choose 9:30 am - 10:15 am OR 10:30 am - 11:15 am
Sessions will be held weather permitting. Cost per session is $50.00 per child. Swimming Lesson Registration Forms are available at the Borough Hall and the Bally Pool or you may print out the registration form below and mail it in or drop it off at Borough Hall or the Bally Pool.
Swim Lessons Ages 3-12.pdf
Swim Lessons Ages 3-6.pdf
The pool is available for rental before opening hours or after closing hours to chartered organizations, or for individual private parties.
After Hours Use.pdf
Discounts are offered on the daily rates for groups of 10 or more to business groups or chartered organizations.
POOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. No obscene or improper actions or behavior will be tolerated.
2. No running or dangerous behavior.
3. No glass or hazardous material in pool.
4. No food in the pool.
5. No littering allowed.
6. Stay off the dividing ropes.
7. Only 1 person on the diving board at a time.
8. Diving area is off limits to swimmers when diving board is in use.
9. No loitering around entrance, office area, snack bar or lifeguard chairs.
10. No frisbee or ball playing allowed without the permission of management.
11. No alcohol or illegal substances allowed in the pool area.
12. No smoking by minors.
13. No smoking under pavilion.
14. No one other than the pool staff will be allowed in the office, locker area or the filter room.
15. No baby diapers allowed in the pool.
16. No flips off the sides of the pool.
17. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Children between the ages of 10 and 12, who do not pass a standard swim test, must be accompanied by an adult. Tests will be administered by the Pool staff.
18. The Pool staff is not responsible for children after closing, whether at the scheduled time, or due to early closing.
19. No handstands or cartwheels on diving board.
20. No diving or jumping toward wall of pool from diving board.
21. Children under 5 years old are not allowed on diving board without parental supervision.
22. If your child gets sick, it is your responsibility to clean up after them. Clean up materials will be supplied by the pool staff.
NOTE: Rules will be strictly enforced. Any infractions will result in a warning and, depending on the seriousness of the infraction a penalty up to and including suspension of membership and/or expulsion from the pool. Individuals expelled or suspended shall not receive any refund of fees paid.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Bally Community Pool is Owned and Operated by the Borough of Bally
For more information call the Borough Hall 610-845-2351