TAX INFORMATION 2018
DOUGLASS TOWNSHIP and BERKS COUNTY REAL ESTATE TAXES
- The current tax rate for Douglass Township including the fire tax is .0043 mills.
- The current tax rate for the Berks County is .0073720 mills.
- Township and County Real Estate Taxes are billed and mailed on March 1st of each year.
- If taxes are paid prior to May 1st, the discount rate applies (2%)
- If taxes are paid between May 1st and June 30th, the flat rate applies.
- Taxes paid after June 30th includes a ten percent (10%) penalty.
SCHOOL DISTRICT REAL ESTATE TAXES
- The current school tax rate is .0250222 mills.
- School District Taxes are billed and mailed on July 1st of each year.
- If taxes are paid prior to September 1st, the discount rate applies (2%).
- If taxes are paid between September 1st and October 31st, the flat rate applies.
- Taxes paid after October 31st includes a ten percent (10%) penalty.
Real Estate Taxes not paid by January 1st of the following year are turned over to the Berks County Tax Claim Bureau for collection. Additional costs are applied at that time.
PER CAPITA TAXES: This tax has been eliminated effective January 1, 2018
EARNED INCOME TAX: If you live in Douglass Township and are employed either in the Township or outside the Township, you will pay a one percent (1%) Earned Income Tax on your wages. This tax is collected and maintained by the Berks Earned Income Tax Bureau and is divided between the School District and the Township equally. This tax is not administered in any way by the elected Tax Collector.
LOCAL SERVICES TAX: This tax is $52. per year and is paid by anyone who works in Douglass Township. The Boyertown School District is paid $5 per year, and the balance of $47 is paid to the Township. This tax is withheld from individual pay checks at the rate of $1 per week.