Located in the Eastern corner of Berks County, historic Hereford Township was settled in 1732 and organized in 1753. The name of Hereford was derived from the district of Herfordshire in England, by the Engish ironmasters who resided in the area.
Today, Hereford Township is a 2nd Class Township
which covers 15.9 square miles. It consists of the villages of Hereford, Seisholtzville, Huffs Church, Harlem and Chapel.