Bird Habitat Recognition Program
Ordinance # 234 enacted September 12, 2006 by the Longswamp Township Board of Supervisors formed an Environmental Advisory Council that will have the following powers:
- Identify environmental issues affecting the township, the areas surrounding the Township, and the Township’s residents.
- Make recommendations as to the possible use of open land areas within the Township.
- Promote a community environmental program.
- Keep an index of all open areas, publicly or privately owned, including, but not limited to, flood prone areas, swamps, and unique natural areas.
- To undertake such environmental tasks as requested by the Board, and/or to propose environmental issues that the Council considers to be significant to be undertaken within the community.
Appointed Township Environmental Advisory Council Members (3-year term):
- Kate Harms, Chairman
- Peter Saenger, Vice Chairman
- Cathi Kratzer, Secretary & PC Representative
- Mike Sacks, BOS Representative
- Member: Scott Swackhamer
- Member: Nicole Miller
All Environmental Advisory Council meetings are held on the third Monday of each month, at 7:00 p.m., at the Longswamp Township Municipal Building, 1112 State Street, Mertztown, PA, unless otherwise published.
Please click below for access to BIRD TOWN NEWSLETTERS:
May 2013 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
July 2013 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
August 2013 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
Jan 2014 Bird Town Flyer.pdf