Bird Habitat Recognition Program
Annual Spring Bird Count Checklist
Please click book-retailers for a list of current retail outlets where you can purchase a copy of the new Birds of the Valley and Vicinity book.
Ordinance # 234 enacted September 12, 2006 by the Longswamp Township Board of Supervisors formed an Environmental Advisory Council that will have the following powers:
- Identify environmental issues affecting the township, the areas surrounding the Township, and the Township’s residents.
- Make recommendations as to the possible use of open land areas within the Township.
- Promote a community environmental program.
- Keep an index of all open areas, publicly or privately owned, including, but not limited to, flood prone areas, swamps, and unique natural areas.
- To undertake such environmental tasks as requested by the Board, and/or to propose environmental issues that the Council considers to be significant to be undertaken within the community.
Appointed Township Environmental Advisory Council Members (3-year term):
- Kate Harms, Chairman
- Peter Saenger, Vice Chairman
- Cathi Kratzer, Secretary & PC Representative
- Mike Sacks, BOS Representative
- Member: Scott Swackhamer
- Member: Nicole Miller
All Environmental Advisory Council meetings are held on the third Monday of each month, at 7:00 p.m., at the Longswamp Township Municipal Building, 1112 State Street, Mertztown, PA, unless otherwise published.
Please click below for access to BIRD TOWN NEWSLETTERS:
May 2013 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
July 2013 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
August 2013 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
Jan 2014 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
March 2014 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
April 2014 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
May 2014 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
June 2014 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
August 2014 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
Sept 2014 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
December 2014 January 2015 Bird Town Flyer.pdf
February 2015 Bird Town Flyer.pdf