Dogs in Township Parks
Dogs are not permitted in the Township’s smaller parks and playgrounds including Cherokee Ranch, Hyde Park, Reading Crest, South Temple, Stoudt’s Ferry and Temple.
When you and your dog visit our other parks such as the Rail Trail, areas along the Schuylkill River including Jim Dietrich Park and areas along Laurel Run please follow these simple rules:
• Dogs must be currently licensed and vaccinated;
• Dogs are not permitted on any athletic field, court or sports area;
• Dogs must be leashed at all times and the leash must be no longer than six feet;
• Waste must be collected immediately and then properly disposed;
• Dog owners are responsible for all injuries and damage caused by their pet.
Your cooperation with these simple rules will be appreciated by all other visitors plus it will help insure that dogs continue to be welcome in the Township parks.