1. All requests for use of the Jim Dietrich Park Farmhouse must be submitted by an individual 25 years of age or over in writing on the appropriate application and permit forms provided by the Director of Parks and Recreation, 5401 Leesport Avenue, Temple, PA 19560, a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the requested date. No reservation will be held without approval of this permit. A copy of the approved or denied permit will be issued by the Park and Recreation Office. Reservations will be considered on a first come – first served basis.
2. Requests for permission to consume alcoholic beverages must be included on the application form. There is an additional $100 surcharge for alcoholic beverages. BE INFORMED THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS PERMITTED TO VIOLATE STATE LAW BY THE POSSESSION AND/OR CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES REGARDLESS OF PERMISSION GRANTED ON THIS APPLICATION.
3. There is NO SMOKING permitted in the building. This includes fog machines and any other smoke producing equipment.
4. No permit shall be issued to any individual under the age of 25 years. The individual to whom the permit is granted shall be jointly and severally liable for all costs, expenses, fees and all property damage and/or personal injury occurring or sustained by any individual in attendance.
5. Rental fees required for use of the facility will be determined by the Director of Parks and Recreation according to the current rental policy approved by the Board of Commissioners. All fees shall be submitted together with the application for use of the building. No permit will be approved until such time that these fees are paid or special arrangements for payment have been approved by the Director.
6. Refunds will only be granted under the following circumstances:
A. Functions that are not approved.
B. Functions that are cancelled at least four weeks prior to the scheduled date.
C. Groups that cancel due to inclement weather conditions and notify this Department of their decision during the working day. Partial refunds may be granted to those groups that notify the custodian at the Farmhouse – 610-926-2289, of such a cancellation if the Parks and Recreation Office is closed.
7. Groups are responsible for all areas and contents during the entire time of their occupancy. Any unwarranted damage will be the financial responsibility of the group and/or the authorized individual to whom the permit is issued.
8. Groups utilizing this facility are wholly responsible for preparing the building (arranging tables and chairs, decorations, etc.) for their functions.
9. Groups will be permitted to enter the building approximately 15 minutes prior to the approved permit time. Failure of a group to arrive 30 minutes after the approved permit time will result in the building being closed.
10. All groups using the JD Park Farmhouse are required to return it to its proper condition prior to leaving, to include:
a. Storage and/or arrangement of chairs
b. Trash in proper containers
c. Lights off (except where designated)
d. All doors and windows closed and locked
e. All decorations removed
f. Floors, tables, and chairs clean.
Groups neglecting to return the facility into proper condition will be charged according to the security deposit criteria for all extraordinary custodial duties required. The use of aluminum confetti is not permitted under any circumstances.
11. All activity must be concluded at such time as is required for the group to return the facility to its proper condition and be vacated prior to 12:00 midnight. All activities must be terminated prior to 11:30 P.M.
12. A maximum of 50 individuals are permitted in the entire JD Park Farmhouse at one time.
13. The Township reserves the right to require adequate supervision of all functions involving individuals under twenty-one (21) years of age. A minimum of one (1) responsible adult, twenty-one (21) years of age or over, must be present for each twenty (20) individuals in attendance under twenty-one (21) years of age at all functions. Additional supervision may be required as deemed necessary.
14. Whenever any conduct or acts of individuals or a group is determined to be in violation of the rules governing use of this facility or in violation of any statutes, ordinances, or regulation of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or the Township of Muhlenberg, the deviant group’s privilege to use the facility will be terminated immediately and they will be expelled from Township Property. In addition to expulsion, the Muhlenberg Township Police Department may arrest and detain any individual(s) or issue citation(s) for such violations previously noted.
15. The authorized individual who signed the permit for use of this facility must be present during the entire period of time the building is in use.
16. In case of emergencies regarding use of the JD Park Farmhouse, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 610-929-1503. If there is no answer, contact the Muhlenberg Township Operations Supervisor at 610-301-7964.
17. Renters are only permitted to use the area(s) that have been specified on the Rental Agreement. If more space is required, there will be additional charges.