UPCOMING ROAD CLOSURES/DETOURS:
7/1/16, Madison Avenue - construction at Jefferson and Raymond intersections. Detours will be clearly marked.
Summer Season High Grass Complaints - One of the most common issues residents have during the summer season is high grass on properties in their neighborhood. High grass can lead to a host of other problems so the sooner the township knows about these violations the better. Submit an issue with the Township's official app, GoTo Muhlenberg or call customer service at 610-929-4727. These issues can take several days to address and we appreciate your patience while we follow the proper legal channels when addressing high grass and unkempt properties. A typical high grass/unkempt property issue usually has the following steps:
• Complaint is placed with township via the Go to Muhlenberg APP, customer service or on the street from resident . All complaints are Recorded on the GoTo APP for accurate record keeping.
• Complaint is validated by the assigned inspector typically within 24 hours- 48 hours. Based on the volume of complaints received and order received. Inspector updates APP.
• Inspector posts 3 day notice during typical conditions.
• Inspector mails violation notice on the same day the property is posted.
• Inspector rechecks the property within 5 days .
• Inspector clears complaint , updates app or a non-compliant complaint is sent to Parks for a necessary cutting.
• Two time non-compliant complaints citations are issued.
As you can see, this process takes several days and many steps must be followed before the Township can enter private property and take care of overgrown yards and high grass. We appreciate your understanding and want our residents to know that we take issues like this very seriously and want them taken care of in the shortest time permitted by law.
Muhlenberg Township Goes Mobile with Official App, GoTo Muhlenberg
- Muhlenberg Township is proudly announcing the “GoTo Muhlenberg” App. This App is the official platform though which residents, business owners and visitors can report their concerns. With this new tool, users can submit, track and view nearby service requests through their smartphones, online, and via phone. Users can benefit from the in-app widgets to find information about events, public facilities, trash pickup, and many more activities. The app is free and is available now! Download it today! The official press release can be viewed here.
Summer Discount Tickets have arrived at the Muhlenberg Township Municipal Building. Most tickets are now available for purchase Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am and 4:30 pm. Visit our Customer Service Center on the first floor to purchase tickets for your favorite parks. To check availability of tickets you can also call our offices at 610-929-4727.
A Note from Commissioner Malinowski-
Blight Property Review Committee
As the liaison to the Board regarding engineering and code issues, I am developing a Blight Property Review Committee. This Committee will meet quarterly to identify different properties, both residential and commercial, across our Township that appear to be in violation of our Township codes and ordinances. The Committee will be comprised of representatives of different areas of the Township, along with Township Codes staff. We are seeking one representative for each of the following areas: Hyde Park, Temple, Cherokee Ranch. One representative who resides East and West of Stoudt’s Ferry Bridge Road. If interested, please email the Township with your contact information at email@example.com.