Muhlenberg Twp Police
Skip navigation links
About Us
Our Staff
Muhlenberg Township
Skip navigation links
Message from the Chief
DivisionsExpand Divisions
Specialized ServicesExpand Specialized Services
Community InvolvementExpand Community Involvement
Right to Know RequestsExpand Right to Know Requests
Online Forms & ReportsExpand Online Forms & Reports
PDF FormsExpand PDF Forms
Annual Reports
Monthly Statistics
Citizen Complaints & Commendations
Frequently Asked Questions
Berks County > Municipalities > Muhlenberg Township > Muhlenberg Twp Police

1. How do I report a crime in Muhlenberg Twp.?

A: Crimes can be reported in several ways: For emergencies, dial 911; For non-emergencies, call our office directly at (610) 929-5454 or call the Berks County Communications Center non-emergency line at (610) 655-4911; Personally make reports at our office; and by completing online report forms that can be obtained through this website and forwarding them to our department.

2.  Where is the Police Department located?

A: Our department is located at 5401 Leesport Ave. in Temple connected to the municipal building.  It is situated next to Sam's Club. 

3. Where can I pay parking tickets, traffic citations & non-traffic citations?

A: Parking tickets may be paid at the police office Mon. through Fri. during normal business hours.  Traffic and non-traffic citations may be paid at the District Justice's office located at 3607 Pottsville Pike.

4. What is the curfew for juveniles (any person under the age of 18) in Muhlenberg Township?

A: The curfew in Muhlenberg Twp. is 9:00 pm to 5:00 am every day, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.

5. What constitutes an abandoned vehicle?

A: A vehicle (other than a pedalcycle) is abandoned on public streets if it is parked for more than 48 hours while displaying an expired inspection or registration sticker; is in an inoperable condition; or is parked illegally.  A vehicle is abandoned on private property if  it has been parked there for more than 24 hours without the consent of the property owner, in which case the property owner or designee must report the vehicle as abandoned.  See the online form to report abandoned vehicles.

6. When is a vehicle crash reportable?

A: A crash is reportable when it occurs on a traffic-way, and there is an injury or death of any person involved, and/or damage to any vehicle involved to the extent that it cannot be driven under its own power.

7. How can I obtain a blank report form online?

A:  You can obtain online forms for certain reports to complete and forward to our department. See our "Online Reports" link for a list of these certain report forms.  Some of these reports must be personally submitted at our office with proof of identification.

8. Are motorized scooters or "pocket bikes" permitted on public streets and/or sidewalks?

A: No.  Per the PA Motor Vehicle Code, a motorized scooter is both a vehicle and a motor vehicle, and is subject to the laws covering registration, titles, inspection, insurance, licensing of operator and the general rules of the roadway.

9. Who should I contact regarding fingerprinting?

A: If you need fingerprinting for other than criminal purposes, please contact our office during business hours at (610) 929-5454 to make an appointment.  In most cases, fingerprinting is done for criminal matters and should be directed to the Berks County Sheriffs Department, (610) 478-6395.

10. How can I obtain an official police report and what is the cost?

A: Refer to Access to Public Records Fee Schedule under "About Us" , or click here

11. What to do if you are stopped by a Police Officer:

A:  Click Here