Welcome to the official website of the Borough of Shillington, Berks County, Pennsylvania. We hope you find the website to be a useful communication tool to keep you informed about what's happening in the Borough. Please bookmark this site and visit it regularly to see what new information has been added. UPDATED 06/15/2018
COUNCIL MEETING - The next regularly monthly meeting of the Shillington Borough Council is Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 7:30 PM
SHILLINGTON'S 90TH ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY PARADE AND SERVICE
On behalf of the parade sponsors and the Shillington Memorial Day Parade Committee, we would like to extend our deepest appreciation to all the individual participants and the organizations involved with the parade. Through their support, time and hard work, this year's parade was the most successful to date. We would also like to thank the residents of the Borough of Shillington for their continued support of this annual event.
Once again, we would like to thank the organizations and their sponsors listed below for their efforts.
We thank the following contributing sponsors for their support:
- Patriot Brass---University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC Health Plan)
- Bravura---John Andras & Company, Inc./C.P.A. & Ronald Bair, Jr. CFP/Keystone Financial Management
- Pretzel City Brass Band---Contemporary Insurance, Inc.
- Hamilton Celtic Pipes & Drum---Gallen Insurance Agency & Andrew Gallen & Company, Inc. C.P.A.
- Stein's Flowers
- American Legion Reber-Moore Post #635
- Borough of Shillington
- Shillington Business Association
- Shillington Lions Club
BOROUGH OF SHILLINGTON RECREATIONAL NEWSLETTER
PROPOSED STREET WORK:
Street rehabilitation is being considered for the following streets in 2018:
- West Elm Street - from Liberty Street to Museum Road
- Meade Terrace - from Lynoak Avenue to Woodland Avenue
- New Holland Avenue - from West Lancaster Avenue to the Borough line
- Spruce Street - from Philadelphia Avenue to East Broad Street
- Spruce Street - from East Broad Street to Fourth Street
STORM WATER - HOW DOES IT EFFECT YOU?
Visit the Borough's webpage on storm water to see what you can do to help keep our streams clean and reduce pollution. CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE for a copy of the HOME OWNERS GUIDE TO STORMWATER BMP MAINTENANCE
REMINDER...It's the Law: Electronics must be Recycled
You may take your discarded electronics to the Berks County Solid Waste Authority Recycling Center, 1316 Hilltop Road, Bern Township on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
CodeRED Emergency Alert System
The Borough of Shillington has instituted a new rapid emergency notification service called CodeRED®. By registering, you’ll be added to the emergency call list. Borough of Shillington residents and water customers are welcome and encouraged to enter their contact information for home, business, and mobile phones so they may be contacted by the system in the event of an emergency. Those who do not register their address and phone number may not be notified with CodeRED® in the case of an emergency. Registration is confidential, free, easy and will be for emergency notification only.
After Hours Water or Sewer Problem:
If you experience a water or sewer problem when the Town Hall is closed, please call the Berks County Radio System at 610-655-4911 and give the information on your problem. A Shillington Police Officer or a representative from the Borough will be in touch with you.