Curfew hours refers to the hours of 12:01 a.m. through 5:00 a.m everyday.
It shall be unlawful for a minor (person under eighteen years), during curfew hours, to remain in or upon any Public Place within the Borough, to remain in any motor vehicle operating or parked therein or thereon, or to remain in or upon the premises of any Establishment within the Borough, unless:
(1) The minor is accompanied by a parent; or
(2) The minor is involved in an emergency; or
(3) The minor is engaged in an employment activity, or is going to or returning home from such activity, without detour or stop; or
(4) The minor is on the sidewalk directly abutting a place where he or she resides with a parent; or
(5) The minor is attending an activity sponsored by a school, religious, or civic organization, by a public organization or agency, or by another similar organization or entity, which activity is supervised by adults, and/or the minor is going to or returning from such an activity without detour or stop; or
(6) The minor is on an errand at the direction of a parent, and the minor has in his or her possession a writing signed by the parent containing the following information: the name, signature, address and telephone number of the parent authorizing the errand, the telephone number where the parent may be reached during the errand, the name of the minor, and a brief description of the errand, the minor's destination(s) and the hours the minor is authorized to be engaged in the errand; or
(7) The minor is involved in interstate travel through, or beginning or terminating in, the Borough of Sinking Spring; or
(8) The minor is exercising First Amendment rights protected by the United States Constitution, such as the free exercise of religion, freedom of speech and the right of assembly.
It shall be unlawful for a minor's parent to knowingly permit, allow or encourage such minor to violate this Ordinance.
Motor Vehicle Owner or Operator
It shall be unlawful for a person who is the owner or operator of any motor vehicle to knowingly permit allow or encourage a violation of this Ordinance.
It shall be unlawful for any person (including any minor) to give a false name, address, or telephone number to any officer investigating a possible violation of this Chapter.
Any person convicted of violating any provision of this Chapter shall be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) nor more than Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00).