Upper Tulpehocken Township
Skip navigation links
About Upper Tulpehocken
Skip navigation links
Boards & Commissions
Road Services
Emergency Services
Permits & FormsExpand Permits & Forms
News & Information
Fire Department
RecyclingExpand Recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
Berks County > Municipalities > Upper Tulpehocken Township
1. Who provides trash service?
Trash Service is contracted on an individual basis between the hauler and the resident.
2. What utility companies service this area?
Verizon (1-800-483-5000) is the phone provider;
Met-Ed (1-888-544-4877) is the electric provider;
Comcast* (1-800-266-2278) is the cable provider.
*Comcast serves portions of our municipality. Please check with Comcast to determine if you are able to get service.
3. What school district would our children attend?
Upper Tulpehocken Township is entirely in the Hamburg Area School District (610-562-2241).
4. Is there a township-wide recycle program?
Berks County maintains roll-off recycle bins at the township building on a full time basis.
5. How do we contact the local police department?
Upper Tulpehocken Township does not have a local police department. Police matters are handled by the Pennsylvania State Police, Hamburg Barracks (610-562-6885 non-emergency and 911 emergency).
6. How do we register to vote, change our voting address and where do we go to vote?
The designated polling place for Upper Tulpehocken Township is the municipal building, 6501 Old Route 22, Bernville, PA 19506. To register to vote or change your voting address, you can contact Berks County Election Services (610-478-6490) or pick up the form at the municipal building.