1. Who provides trash service?
Trash Service is contracted on an individual basis between the hauler and the resident.
2. What utility companies service this area?
Verizon (1-800-483-5000) is the phone provider;
Met-Ed (1-888-544-4877) is the electric provider;
Comcast* (1-800-266-2278) is the cable provider.
*Comcast serves portions of our municipality. Please check with Comcast to determine if you are able to get service.
3. What school district would our children attend?
Upper Tulpehocken Township is entirely in the Hamburg Area School District (610-562-2241).
4. Is there a township-wide recycle program?
Berks County places roll-off recycle bins at the township building every 4 weeks throughout the year. Recycle Schedules are printed in the newsletter, which is sent to every home in the township, and appears elsewhere on the township website.
5. How do we contact the local police department?
Upper Tulpehocken Township does not have a local police department. Police matters are handled by the Pennsylvania State Police, Hamburg Barracks (610-562-6885 non-emergency and 911 emergency).
6. How do we register to vote, change our voting address and where do we go to vote?
The designated polling place for Upper Tulpehocken Township is the municipal building, 6501 Old Route 22, Bernville, PA 19506. To register to vote or change your voting address, you can contact Berks County Election Services (610-478-6490) or pick up the form at the municipal building.
7. Who serves as the township's engineer and zoning officer?
Systems Design Engineering
1032 James Drive
Leesport, PA 19533