Crime prevention starts with you. In order to be safe and secure, we provide several ideas to assist you. It is unfortunate that “the days of leaving your door unlocked” are gone, so please attempt to take steps to avoid becoming a victim of crime. With that we offer the following:
- Install good secure locks and always use them.
- Leave lights on at night and while you are away.
- Adequately secure all windows and doors.
- Lock garage doors and disabled automatic door openers then away on vacation.
- Do not advertise that you are away from home, and contact the police department to let them know you will be away.
- Be neighborly, but be suspicious of strangers in the area.
- Record serial numbers and maintain a record of your property.
- Mark all your valuable property with your social security number or driver's license number.
- Update your alarm information with the police department and make sure to always set your alarm.
- Call the police to report all crimes and any activity you think is suspicious.
With the advent of Identity Theft and its growing use by criminals, we have added certain information for you to download should you be a victim of Identity Theft. This information is also available at the Police Station.