Wyomissing Public Library's history is almost as long as that of Wyomissing Borough. In 1911, twenty women were invited to plan an organization promoting public spirit in the Borough. From this beginning the Civic League was born. By 1930 the library needed more space. That year Mrs. Ferdinand Thun, chair of the Library Committee, offered to donate a library building. At this time, the Wyomissing Public Library Corporation was formed and the Women's Club ceased its era of library management. The current building located at 9 Reading Boulevard was dedicated in 1931, and was enlarged in 2002.
The Wyomissing Public Library maintains its own website: www.wyopublib.org. Please visit their site to learn more about a Wyomissing institution.