SUMMARY OF CHAPTER 60 OF THE KUTZTOWN CODE
On December 5, 1992, the Council of the Borough of Kutztown enacted legislation requiring that all Alarm Devices must be registered with the Kutztown Borough Police Department, prior to the operation of the Alarm Device.
Any person or firm operating an Alarm Device without a valid permit may be fined up to $600.00 per incident.
An initial $25.00 application fee is required at the time of application.
Annual renewal of the Alarm Device Permit is required and there is no charge for the annual renewal if the renewal is made within thirty (30) days prior to the expiration date of the Alarm Device Permit.
Alarm Devices include, but are not limited to, burglar alarms, fire alarms, water flow alarms, holdup alarms, panic alarms, or any other device that notifies an alarm company, emits an audible signal or alarm, delivers a recorded message to another location, or any combination thereof.
The Alarm Device must meet several Operational Standards prior to the issuance of an Alarm Device Permit:
- If an Alarm Device is designed to transmit a recorded message, the contents of said message shall be intelligible.
- If an Alarm Device is designed to cause an exterior bell, siren, or other sound to be audible on or near the premises, it must deactivate after a maximum of twenty (20) minutes.
- The Alarm Device must be installed and/or adjusted to suppress false alarms.
- The permit holder shall insure that the Alarm Device is maintained in proper working order.
- False Alarm Charges shall be assessed for each False Alarm occurring during any calendar month as follows:
- Thirty (30) day testing period……….....NO CHARGE
- First False Alarm…………………....…........NO CHARGE
- Second False Alarm………………............$50.00
- Third False Alarm............................$150.00
- Fourth and Subsequent False Alarms..$300.00 each occurrence
Copies of Chapter 60 of the Code of the Borough of Kutztown are available from the Kutztown Borough Police Department upon request or click here to download a copy.
For all permit related communication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and whitelist this address in your email client's filters.