Remember these safe riding practices
A wise and safety-conscious pedalcycle driver always.......
- Keeps vehicle in top working condition.
- Keeps vehicle under control at all times and always drives slowly and carefully in heavy traffic.
- Is cautious so as not to weave in and out of traffic.
- Uses hand signals when turning.
- Gets off pedalcycle and walks vehicle across busy intersection.
- Drives with caution. Avoids "stunt" riding or racing with others in traffic.
- Wears white or light colored clothing if it's necessary to drive at night.
- Avoids "hitching" rides onto another moving vehicle.
- Stops and looks both ways before entering a street from an alley or driveway.
- Is courteous about giving other vehicles and pedestrians the right of way.
NOTE TO PARENTS
Remember, the law states that you will be held legally responsible for knowingly permitting your youngster to violate any of these laws. The fine for violating any provision of Chapter 35 of the Vehicle Code relating to operation of Pedalcycles is $10 per violation.