Growing older brings many positive experiences. However, it can also bring new challenges and a need for specialized services to enable older adults to remain independent in their own homes through in-home services and other supports.
Supportive services include:
· Personal care to aid in basic daily needs such as bathing and dressing
· Help with preparing meals, laundry, shopping or other household chores
· Home Health services, Personal Emergency Response Systems, Medical Equipment
· Home Delivered Meals
· Home modifications to make your home more accessible to your needs
· Adult Daily Living Centers to provide a safe environment for older adults who are
unable to be left alone
To determine eligibility for program funded services, an Area Agency on Aging assessor conducts an assessment in the individual’s home. At that time, care needs are determined and financial resources are reviewed.
Caregiver Support Program
For families or spouses with caregiving responsibilities for an older adult, the Caregiver Support program offers a variety of services, including respite and limited financial assistance, to ease the task of providing care.