Berks Heim is continuously looking for volunteers to provide these four ingredients with our residents and staff and we THANK YOU for considering Berks Heim to be your volunteer home.
Volunteers are a very special and important part of our Berks Heim Team. How can YOU help?
• Some volunteers come to our facility in groups (church, youth, scouts) to entertain or perform a special service. (Sponsor a Bingo party, musical groups, pet therapy, devotional services, etc.)
• Individual volunteers may enjoy visiting with one or many residents on a regular basis. They might take residents for a walk around the campus or simply sit in our All Purpose Room to chat.
• Volunteers are essential in transporting residents to the in-house Clinic area for various doctor appointments. This allows staff to remain on the unit to provide continuous care to the other residents while the resident going to the appointment appreciates the special individualized service.
• We provide many large group activities (dances, summer celebrations, holiday gatherings, Bingo parties, etc.) and volunteers are necessary to assist staff in getting the residents to/from the event.
• Off-site individual and group volunteers make lap robes and wheelchair bags for our residents. We also appreciate seasonal and floral centerpieces to change the dining room atmosphere on a regular basis.
For More Information about Volunteering at Berks Heim Please Contact:
Ann Gilmer, Director of Volunteers or call 610-376-4841 ext. 7424 or apply on-line to volunteer!
It begins with YOU!