Expectations of a Foster Family:
- Provide care, nurturing, and supervision for a child.
- Provide transportation to doctor appointments, therapy appointments, visitation with biological parents, and court hearings.
- Provide monthly documentation of the child’s progress in your home.
What Foster Parents receive:
- Knowing that you are having a positive impact on the life of a child.
- A per diem rate per day that the child is in your home with assist with the financial burden of having a child in your home.
- Reimbursement for mileage for travel to all of the child’s appointments.
What Foster Children are eligible for:
- WIC program for up to age 5 to help with the cost of formula and food.
- Headstart Ages 3-5 — Preschool Program for children.
- Day Care Subsidy through the Berks County Intermediate Unit.
- Free School Lunches