Christian Y. Leinbach
Berks County Commissioner
Christian Leinbach was elected in 2007 to serve his first four-year term on the Berks County Board of Commissioners. Upon reelection in 2011, he was selected by his peers to serve as Chairman of the Board. He was reelected in 2015 and again in 2019 and was once again selected to serve as Board Chair. Christian is a member of the Election Board, the Prison Board and the Retirement Board. He chairs the Salary Board. Additionally, Leinbach is a director on the Berks County Conservation Board and the Berks Community Television Board.
As a County Commissioner, Christian has been active at both the state and national level.
- President of the County Commissioners Association of PA (CCAP) in 2013
- Chairman of the Board of CCAP in 2014
- CCAP board member since 2011
- Elected to the National Association of Counties (NACo) Board in 2012 by the statewide members of CCAP and continues to serve in this role
- Elected by counties in the Northeastern United States to represent them on the eight member NACo Executive Committee in 2014 a position which he still holds
- Served as President of the National Association of Republican County Officials (NCRCO) 2013/2014 term.
- Received the NCRCO Republican County Official of the Year Award for 2014
- Received the C. Alan Walker Award from the Dept. of Community & Economic Development (DCED) for Public-Private Partnerships
- Received the 2015 Governor's Award for Local Government Excellence from DCED
- Received the 2016 Richard C. Trostle Intergovernmental Cooperation Award
- Council on Chemical Abuse’s 2016 President’s Award
- I-LEAD 2018 Community Hero Award
Prior to becoming a Commissioner, Leinbach was the vice president of agency services of a Berks County marketing firm. He and his wife, Jennifer reside in a log home they built themselves in Tilden Township near the base of the beautiful Blue Mountains and the historic Appalachian Trail. They have three children and three grandchildren. They are active members of Schuylkill Valley Bible Chapel in Mohrsville, PA.