DRUG INVESTIGATION - COCAINE TRAFFICKING
Xavier Anthony Rivera-Ramos
221 N. 6th Street, 1st floor apt.,
Reading, PA 19601
- Possession with Intent to Deliver – Cocaine & Marijuana
- Possession – Cocaine & Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
DETAILS OF INCIDENT:
In April 2021, the Berks County District Attorney’s Drug Task Force initiated a drug trafficking investigation in the 200 block of 6th Street, Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania.
During the investigation, detectives learned that Xavier Anthony Rivera-Ramos of 221 N. 6th Street, 1st floor apartment made cocaine transactions with customers in the 200 block of 6th Street.
Based on information received and investigation conducted, on Monday, June 14, 2021, detectives obtained a search warrant for the 1st floor apartment of 221 N. 6th Street. The search warrant was issued by District Judge Stuart Kennedy.
On Mondays, June 14, 2021 at approximately 2:42 p.m., detectives served the search warrant and apprehended
Xavier Anthony Rivera-Ramos on the corner of 6th and Elm Streets, without incident.
Detectives searched and seized the following items from the apartment:
1. Assorted documents related to Rivera-Ramos
2. Two working cellular telephones
3. One plastic bag containing approximately 100 grams of suspected cocaine
4. Sixteen packets of suspected marijuana
5. Miscellaneous packaging material, cutting agents and related drug paraphernalia
6. $2,435,00 in U.S. Currency believed to be proceeds from sales of controlled substances
Note: Detectives estimated the street value of the seized controlled substances at $16,400.00.
On Monday, June 14, 2021, Xavier Anthony Rivera-Ramos was transported to the Berks County Sheriff’s Department Central Processing Center for processing and preliminary arraignment. He was charged as listed above. Magisterial District Judge Sandra Fegley arraigned Rivera-Ramos and set bail at $200,000. Rivera-Ramos is presently incarcerated in Berks County Jail.
As in every criminal case, the fact that an arrest occurred, or a complaint has been filed is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.