DRUG TRAFFICKER ARRESTED
Khalil Bell (42 years of age)
231 South 3rd Street, 2nd floor apartment
Reading, PA 19602
- Possession with Intent to Deliver – Heroin - Fentanyl - Cocaine
- Possession – Heroin - Fentanyl - Cocaine
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Person Not to Possess, Use, Manufacture, Control, Sell or Transfer Firearms
- Firearms not to be carried without a license
- Receiving stolen property.
DETAILS OF INCIDENT:
In early July of 2021, the Berks County District Attorney’s Drug Task Force initiated a drug trafficking investigation based on confidential information that Khalil Bell of 231 South 3rd Street, 2nd Floor Apartment, Reading, Berks County, PA. was stashing amounts of heroin, fentanyl and crack cocaine.
During the investigation, detectives learned that Khalil Bell would sell his drugs to customers on Spring Garden and Muhlenberg Streets, Reading, PA.
On Wednesday, September 1, 2021, detectives obtained a search warrant for 231 South 3rd Street, 2nd Floor Apartment. The search warrant was issued by Magisterial District Judge Andrea Book.
On Thursday, September 2, 2021 the search warrant was executed at 9:15 a.m., detectives apprehended Khalil Bell in front of 231 South 3rd, Street, Reading, PA 19602, without incident.
The following items were seized from the apartment:
1. 94 packets of fentanyl/heroin ready for street sales
2. 1.6 grams of fentanyl/heroin
3. 5 grams of cocaine
4. 9mm semi-auto handgun (reported stolen)
5. .22 caliber rifle
6. .25 caliber semi-auto handgun
7. Miscellaneous documents related to Khalil Bell
8. One operable cellular telephone
9. Miscellaneous drug paraphernalia associated with distribution of controlled substances
10. $436.00 in U.S. Currency believed to be proceeds from sales of controlled substances
Detectives estimated the street value of all seized controlled substances at $2,000.00.
On Thursday, September 2, 2021, Khalil Bell was transported to the Berks County Sheriff’s Department Central Processing Center, where he was arraigned and bail was set at $50,000 monetary bail. He is currently in Berks County Jail awaiting further court action.
As in every criminal case, the fact that an arrest occurred, or a complaint has been filed is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.