Moses Gonzalez (40 years of age)
Econo Lodge Hotel, Room 219
Bern Township, PA 19601
- Possession with Intent to Deliver – Methamphetamine
- Possession - Methamphetamine
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Person Not to Possess, Use, Manufacture, Control, Sell or Transfer Firearms
DETAILS OF INCIDENT:
In the end of January 2021, the Pennsylvania State Police and Berks County Drug Task Force initiated a drug investigation relative to a known suspect, Moses Gonzalez. It had been reported that Gonzalez was dealing methamphetamine to others within Berks County, Pennsylvania. Gonzalez was dealing methamphetamine in the neighborhood of the 2000 block of Bernville Road, PA and from a 2001 Nissan Sentra vehicle.
During the investigation, detectives learned that Moses Gonzalez lived at the Econolodge Hotel, Room 219, 2009 Bernville Road, Bern Township, Pennsylvania. Gonzalez would make drug transactions with customers from his hotel room and from a Nissan Sentra vehicle.
Based on information received and investigation conducted, on Wednesday, January 27, 2021, the Berks County Detectives and Pennsylvania State Police obtained search warrants for the Econo Lodge Hotel, Room 219 Bern Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania and a 2001 Nissan Sentra vehicle. The search warrants were issued by Magisterial District Judge Tonya Butler.
On Thursdays, January 28, 2021 at approximately 3:40 PM, detectives took Moses Gonzalez into custody in the 2500 block of Kutztown Road, Muhlenberg, Pennsylvania without incident. From there they transported him to his hotel room.
On Thursdays, January 28, 2021 at approximately 3:45 PM, the Pennsylvania State Police, Berks County Drug Task Force and Bern Township Police Department executed the search warrants.
As a result of the searches, the following items were found and seized:
From Room 219:
1. Plastic bags containing bulk methamphetamine
2. Plastic zip-top baggies containing powdered cocaine
3. Plastic bag containing unidentified vegetable matter
4. Functional digital scales
5. A functional cellphone
6. Documents related to Moses Gonzalez
7. One 9mm handgun.
8. One .32 cal. handgun
9. Mics. packaging material and related drug paraphernalia.
In the Nissan Vehicle:
10. Numerous functional cellphones
11. One .380 cal. handgun
12. A small bag containing suspected of methamphetamine.
13. $4141.00 in US currency (believed to be proceeds from the sales of controlled substances)
14. Mics. Drug related paraphernalia
The total street value of the controlled substance seized was valued at over $25,000.
On Moses Gonzalez was transported to the Berks County Sheriff’s Department Central Processing Center for processing and arraignment. He was charged as listed above. Magisterial District Judge Alvin Robinson arraigned Gonzalez and set bail at $150,000. Gonzalez is presently incarcerated in Berks County Jail.
As in every criminal case, the fact that an arrest occurred or a complaint has been filed is merely an accusation, a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.