PERSON (S) INVOLVED:
Bryan Torres (35 years of age)
1471 Cotton Street
- Possession With Intent to Deliver of Cocaine/Marijuana
- Possession of Cocaine/Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
DETAILS OF INCIDENT:
In late January into late March of 2022, the Berks County District Attorney’s Narcotics Detectives initiated a drug investigation involving the defendant, Bryan Torres. Detectives received information that Bryan Torres was dealing cocaine from his residence in Reading, PA.
On Thursday, March 23, 2022, investigators obtained a search warrant for 1471 Cotton Street Reading. The search warrant was issued by Magisterial District Judge Carissa Johnson.
On Friday, March 25, 2022, at approximately 6:07 AM, the Berks County Emergency Response Team (BCERT) served the search warrant at 1471 Cotton Street Reading. Bryan Torres was apprehended inside the residence without incident.
As a result of the search warrant, detectives found and seized the following items:
1. Approximately one hundred twenty grams of suspected cocaine (Approximately $12,000.00 street value)
2. An amount of marijuana packaged for street sales valued at $2,000.
3. One loaded Anderson Manufacturing 5.56 caliber AR Style Rifle with two loaded magazines
4. A quantity of United States currency believed to be proceeds from the sales of cocaine and marijuana
5. Digital scales, packaging material and drug paraphernalia related to processing cocaine and marijuana for street sales
6. A supply of 9mm ammunition and holsters for handguns
The defendant, Bryan Torres was charged as listed above. He was transported to the Berks County Sheriff’s Department Central Processing Center where he is awaiting arraignment by the on-duty Magisterial District Judge.
As in every criminal case, the fact that an arrest occurred or a complaint has been filed is merely an accusation, and the defendant Bryan Torres, is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.