FOR 2021, BERKS COUNTY ELECTION SERVICES WILL BE ACCEPTING NOMINATION PETITIONS FROM CANDIDATES FOR THE BERKS COUNTY DEMOCRATIC AND REPUBLICAN NOMINATIONS FOR COUNTY, CITY, BOROUGH, TOWNSHIP AND SCHOOL DISTRICT OFFICES.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED AT TIME OF FILING:
1) Nomination Petition with the required number of signatures (Double Sided Form(s)).
2) A Completed and Notarized Candidate’s Affidavit/Waiver of Expense Reporting Affidavit (Double Sided Form).
3) A copy of your Statement of Financial Interest (Ethics Form) – If cross filing, include one per party nomination petition.
4) Cash, certified check, or money order payable to the County of Berks (if applicable). No Personal checks will be accepted.
5) Tax Collectors - Non-incumbents filing a nomination petition for the position of Tax Collector must include their criminal history information from the PSP through the Criminal History Record Information Act with their petition.
6) Magisterial District Judge – A sitting Magisterial District Judge elected to the office shall not be required to file a nominating petition to run for the office of Magisterial District Judge but may instead file a certificate of nomination for reelection specifying the intent to seek reelection to the office. If a sitting Magisterial District Judge files a certificate of nomination for reelection, the sitting Magisterial District Judge may not challenge the nominating petition of another candidate for Magisterial District Judge.
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED FOR THE NOMINATION PETITIONS PRIOR TO CIRCULATION. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR ARE UNSURE WHETHER YOU HAVE CORRECTLY REPRODUCED ANY OF THE FORMS, PLEASE CONTACT THE BERKS COUNTY ELECTION SERVICES OFFICE AT 610.478.6490.
NOTE: The Berks County Election Services office cannot and will not provide legal or accounting advice. All candidates and/or voters are strongly advised to solicit advice from a licensed professional in the appropriate field in advance of statutory deadlines and before filing documents with this office.
These instructions are strictly introductory in scope and should not be construed as legal advice. Candidates and/or voters are responsible for ensuring the correctness and completeness of all documents. The Berks County Election Services office is not responsible for errors and omissions on the part of a candidate and/or voter.
NOMINATION PETITION, click HERE
BEFORE COPYING THE NOMINATION PETITIONS, PLEASE NOTE: NOMINATION PETITIONS MUST BE COPIED AS DUPLEX (TWO-SIDED, FRONT AND BACK, HEAD TO HEAD) ON PLAIN WHITE 8 1/2 X 11” (LETTER SIZE) PAPER. THIS REQUIREMENT CANNOT BE SATISFIED BY PRINTING EACH SIDE OF THE DUPLEX NOMINATION PETITION ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF 8 1/2 x 11” PAPER AND AFFIXING THE TWO SHEETS TOGETHER WITH A STAPLE OR PAPER CLIP. FAILURE TO REPRODUCE THE NOMINATION PETITION FORMS CORRECTLY WILL RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF THOSE FORMS!
CANDIDATE’S AFFIDAVIT / WAIVER OF EXPENSE REPORTING AFFIDAVIT, click HERE
STATEMENT OF FINANCIAL INTEREST (ETHICS FORM), click HERE
INCUMBENT MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT JUDGE CERTIFICATE OF NOMINATION, click HERE
Candidate Request for Free Walking List
Candidates are entitled to one (1) free copy the year they are running for office. Submit your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 610.478.6218. We encourage you to provide your email address so our team can send you the walking list electronically.
Candidate Request for Public Information
Specialized voter registration listings, street listings, labels, databases in electronic format and other related materials
4 PA Code Public Information Requests